A much needed post on the current spring summer trends of 2011. I have been reading up on the trends in various magazine and online. And these are the main ones I have picked out, the best pieces in my opinion:
- Le Vernis Mimosa Yellow (Nails) - Chanel. Because you can never have enough of bright sunshine, there’s got to be a little sunshine yellow on your fingertips.
- Cherry Bomb (Hair) - Marc Jacobs. Drawing from the decadence of the Seventies, this sexy, sassy look sees frothy, candyfloss curls come just the right side of frizzy for a finish of epic proportions.GET THE LOOK: Rickrack hair in Kirby grips and leave to set - adding a spritz of strong hold hair spray. Finally, brush the hair out and then backcomb the lengths with a brush.
- Loud Prints - Prada. Miuccia Prada demonstrated just how fun fashion can be, her show featured a range of eclectic, 'shouty' prints, including bananas and monkey motifs, brought together by chunky stripes.
- Tangerine Dream - Cacharel. Zesty shades of orange give even the most ladylike looks a vibrant youthful flair. Tame your tangerine - use a contrasting rich colour to temper the shade. Try a touch of turquoise, a dash of hot-pink or a flash of glossy gold. This hue begs to be worn with tanned, toned legs. If the head-to-toe look is too bold, introduce orange as a lush accent via bags, shoes and shades.
- Sport Brogues - Prada. Are they brogues? Are they espadrilles? Or are they sporty, spongey, slightly futuristic edge? The answer: they're Prada. And in fashion terms, that's all that matters.